Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hello ...

Thanks to Jennifer at That Girl ...That Quilt, I have a new banner for my new blog. I have another blog which I use for travel journaling; but I have been reading other quilting/sewing blogs (I have a long list in my favorites bar) for a few months and I thought it time that I join in the fun.

I have been quilting for just a few months and sewing in general for just a few months more. I did a lot of sewing for my kids when they were little, but then took a 30-year hiatus. Now that I have grandkids, I thought it would be fun to sew for them. So, I bought a "beginner" Janome to make doll clothes and kid clothes. Then last winter I did something I thought I never would -- I made a quilt. So, I got a Juki for quilting. I have made eight child-size lap quilts and four doll quilts. I want to make every quilt I see so I have to pace myself, a lot.

No blog post is complete without pictures, so here are a couple:




I am currently away from my sewing machine (visiting my grandkids) so there probably won't be many posts for a few weeks. Sorry about that in advance, but I'm sure there won't be many readers to disappoint anyway.

love, Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment