Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Halloween sewing

I like to sew for my grandkids (3) -- clothes, quilts, pillowcases, bags, etc. This year's treat-collecting bags for Halloween are in process. I have Sophie's done and have the fabric "in the mail" for the other two.

Sophie is an animal lover. I happened to see the fabric I used for the front and back panels in a quilt shop in Sonoma while we were touring wine country last month. I fussy-cut the two cats on the front and the dogs on the back from that fabric and then used Kona to frame them. The candy corn fabric is from my local fabric store.



I added a button to the front in case she wants to keep her loot secure. I also added a button to the inside to hold the button loop so that it wouldn't flop around and get in the way of the candy being dropped in.



I quilted (front and batting with no backing) both the front and back pieces but not the lining. It is a simple bag construction with a 2" boxed bottom. Final measurement: 13"x13"x4" and handles are 12".

Watching the mail for more Halloween fabric!

love, Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment