Friday, August 26, 2011

Hello Dolly?

I've been sewing some items that I want to include in a charity auction for kids. It's not until February so I have some time to get my act together.

I made this doll basket once before to give to my granddaughter -- used the same exterior, pre-quilted fabric I got at JoAnn's. I inadvertently changed the handles (pay attention, Connie!). But, I think it will work okay for a little girl or boy to scoop the basket over one arm and carry the doll or whatever ends up in the basket. The pattern is Burda 8591.


This is the quilt and pillow I made. The pillow seems a little small for the basket, but I am all out of the checked/floral fabric and really want the pillowcase to match the back of the quilt. I'll keep looking, but I'm not hopeful of finding it. I put a 1" piece of foam covered with the basket lining fabric in the bottom to give it more stability, but the green color of the foam shows through so I'll probably make another case for it, too.


My plan is to add a doll I already have and make some clothes for it. As I said, I have until February to see what else I can add.

love, Connie

1 comment: