Friday, October 7, 2011

Another magazine pattern checked off

Before Pinterest there were scrapbooks and design folders where ideas from magazines and books could be saved for future use. Yes, I have a Pinterest account where I have deposited pictures, with links, of projects I would like to do, someday. But I also have these paper "keepers" which I look at from time to time. The purse I made and told you about in a previous post was a pattern from a magazine -- This project came from the same magazine.


Since there are no models with lovely, lineless, long necks who live at my house, these hangers will have to do.

These scarves were made from an interlock knit with a cotton on the reverse side. They are 6" x 50" long. The knit and cotton combo has a soft feel and the reverse applique circles make them fun--Just right for a long-sleeved sweater and jeans for Fall.

Sewing details: These fabrics were washed and dried before cutting. Both were cut with the length of the scarf  along the width of the fabric (from selvedge to selvedge). I used a universal needle and my quarter-inch foot and sewed with the cotton side up. The knit behaved very nicely, much to my surprise.

love, Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment