Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall purse

I don't know why, but I've always had an affinity for corduroy fabric. Maybe I remember my childhood Fall seasons -- back-to-school time, crisp fragrances in the air, high school homecoming parades and football games, pumpkins, bonfires -- and corduroy being part of it in a certain dress or jacket or book bag. That was m.a.n.y. years ago, but I still remember those things when I see corduroy. So, when I saw a brown corduroy patchwork purse in a magazine with a pattern and instructions for making it, I was smitten. I saved those magazine pages and recently brought them out of my tall stack of someday-to-do ideas to finally make that purse.


It is small (for me, anyway) at 12" wide, 6 1/2" high (without straps) and 4" deep. But I love the shape with its rounded corners. I thought of putting a zipper in the top, but decided the thick corduroy fabric (and it's lined with fusible fleece) would be too much. So there were no deviations from the pattern -- including no interior pockets. I thought about that, too, but decided that, as this will not be an everyday purse, I probably would be only carrying the essentials (wallet, phone, keys).

I'm glad I finally made this purse for Fall -- Hmmm, maybe a brown corduroy jacket to go with it?

Linking to Stitched in Color -- Celebrate Color

love, Connie

Details: The magazine with the pattern is Stitch -- sorry, I only kept the pages I needed and they don't have a magazine date on them. The purse was designed by Rebeka Lambert. All fabrics purchased at JoAnn's.

No comments:

Post a Comment